Speaker: Michael Serpe, CSP; President SafetyFirstna, Inc.
Summary of Presentation: This presentation will cover information critical to preparing for a pandemic. We will detail understanding what a pandemic is, what needs to be done at all levels to prepare for pandemic influenza, and what could happen during a pandemic.
We will include:
- The Difference between Seasonal, Pandemic Influenza and Avian Influenza
- How a Severe Pandemic Influenza Could Affect Workplaces
- Who Should Plan for a Pandemic
- How Influenza Can Spread Between People
- Classifying Employee Exposure to Pandemic Influenza at Work
- How to Maintain Operations During a Pandemic
- How Organizations Can Protect Their Employees
- Recommendations for Company Written Pandemic Policy
- Speaker: Michael Serpe, CSP; President SafetyFirstna, Inc.
Stateline SHRM Members: $10
Non-Stateline SHRM Members: $10